ADHD Europe in a few lines?
The purpose of ADHD-Europe is to advance the rights and dignity, and advocate for, all those affected by ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and co-morbid conditions) at various levels throughout Europe from working with the EU parliament to supporting our member organisations across Europe by:
- Supporting the efforts of our members throughout Europe
- Representing the voices and concerns of people affected by ADHD
- Contributing to research, policy and legislation, and practical initiatives
- Disseminating information and offering support to those who live or are in contact with persons who have ADHD
- Committing together to combat ignorance, stigma, injustice and intolerance that people with ADHD face in their daily life.
ADHD-Europe is an European umbrella organisation which represents individual members or patients, children, adolescents, adults, parents, caregivers, families who belong to self-support patient ADHD advocacy NGOs (Non-Governmental Organisations comprising of charities, family support groups, and other grass roots organisations) within Europe; research consortia consisting of scientists, academia and universities; and experienced professionals around Europe.
ADHD Europe represents a partnership, a community of people and organisations committed to fostering inclusion and social justice for all those affected by ADHD in order to help them:
- experience well-being
- achieve their full potential
- to have equal access to diagnosis, treatment and care
- have their voices heard by speaking out on behalf of their rights
- contribute to the well-being of their community and wider society